Below is a brief update of Puerto Rico as of 11/16/2017.
- Moments after 50% of “power generation,” was reported yesterday, 230K volt lines failed between Cambalache and Palo Seco. Exact power percentages on the island is unknown.
- AEE hopes to be able to energize more than 80% of the “walled city of San Juan” by the end of next week.
- It remains the goal of AEE to have 95% of the island with electrical services by December 15.
- The water utility (AAA) reports restoration of 90% of capacity, though what percentage of people have restored power is unclear.
- PR’s Secretary of Housing reported that an estimated 70,000 homes were destroyed by Hurricane Maria.
- The PR government recently began a program named “Tu Hogar Renace” (Your Home Reborn) to provide funds directly to homeowners to make repairs.